Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Speaking of Old and Vintage Things

Technically speaking, my truck is a Vintage Machine.  Anyone who's known me for more than 15 minutes has heard about my truck.  I love it.  Bubba Truck is old, getting rustier by the hour, is dented, has some "challenges" with it's interior, and some people won't be caught dead in it.  I still love it.

Bubba is rapidly approaching it's 22nd manufacture date and is counting down towards it's 324,000th mile.  It's a 1990 Ford Ranger 4x4 Custom with an extended cab, manual transmission, locking hubs to engage the 4x4 transfer case, dark grey (where it still has color) and it's had a heck of a life.  It's hauled everything from groceries to my 4H group's entire rabbit herd, a pair of pot-bellied pigs, and office equipment.  It's an awesome little truck.

So, why am I mentioning my truck on a crafter's blog?  Because I'd like to overhaul it, but to do that I have to earn enough money (outside of my normal IT gig) to pay to do that.  It's about a $10K job - still less than the cost of a new truck.  So, I'll be busy cranking out stuff for the Christmas/Chanukah-Hanukkah season in the hopes of making some cash to start saving for the overhaul.

In addition to the normal crafting stuff, I'll be putting up a couple of vintage machines over this holiday season to find new homes.  One will definitely be a "decorative" piece as it'll be non-functional, another one will be functional but may or may not be in a nice case.  It depends on how some other things work out.

Please take some pity on my truck, and check out my etsy site.  You never know, you might just find a gift for that "hard-to-please" person.  And if you're buying a tote - remember, a portion of the proceeds goes to charity (and not me or my truck).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to ask questions, but please be civil. No need for trolls, flaming, profanity, or nasty comments. If you feel the need to do any of those, please move on.