Monday, November 7, 2011

New Toys!

I finally unloaded my latest vintage machine wins and got pictures of them.  The Singer I purchased for the cabinet, not for the machine.  Good news is the parts will work on my Grandmother's machine just fine, so I may have a replacement deck with perfect decals.  I need to get a picture of the deck anyway, so a company I'm working with can make replacement decals.

Here's my $6 win:



As you can see, the varnish is having issues and a full strip, restain, varnish is in order.  The machine itself has been recently used (based on it's new belt and nicely moving parts), so I had to gut it completely.  Instead I think I'll simply swap what I need and either donate or sell this beastie cheap once I check it all out.  Here's a better idea of the damage to the cabinet.




My other win is a Singer Stylist 533.  After taking it out of the case I see there's a part missing.  Still, not too bad for $8.  And it does have the removable table stashed inside the case - right where it belongs.  Wiring is in great shape, so now it's just time to clean it well and stitch up a small project.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to ask questions, but please be civil. No need for trolls, flaming, profanity, or nasty comments. If you feel the need to do any of those, please move on.